A backpack leaf blower is another one of the astounding inventions of technology. You can comfortably wear the leaf blower like a backpack and let the tube do all the cleanup of your home yards quickly and efficiently.
Leaf blowers are available in many shapes and sizes in the market, offering different features. You can also find handheld leaf blowers.
The backpack leaf blowers have many advantages:
- The backpack leaf blowers are easier to carry and use for prolonged hours as they cause less fatigue compared to the handheld ones.
- They provide higher air pressure and speed required to deep clean all the leaves, debris, grass clippings, and rain gutters.
- You can get the work done pretty quickly with the best backpack blower.
- Backpack leaf blowers are comfortable; you can hold the tube with one hand and easily maneuver it around.
- These best backpack leaf blowers also come with an adjustable air intake control that helps to adjust the power of the airflow for various applications. The models with variable speed settings help to adjust the airflow based on your need. Getting these features will cost you more but they are worth spending money upon. The cordless ones may not be as powerful as the electric ones, but they make up for it by being lightweight and cordless (no risk of tripping over cords).
While the backpack blowers could be powered up by either gas or electricity, the differences between various models could confuse you. That’s why we are listing the top three backpack leaf blowers for you.
Best Backpack Blower Reviews
Stihl BR 800 C-E Magnum
The Stihl BR 800 is a powerful leaf blower that runs on gas. With the maximum airspeed of 239 MPH and 912 CFM, it is ideal for cleaning large properties. This model is pretty big and heavy, weighing 25.8 lbs, but wearing it as a backpack helps you carry it comfortably and control the nozzle freely.
The 4-stroke engine runs vigorously, while the variable speed settings enable you to adjust the speed according to your preference. Its Easy2Start ™ technology ensures an easy and quick start, making it the best backpack blower available for commercial use.
Why we like it:
This is one of the safest backpack blowers in the market. It comes with a four-point safety harness that secures you to the machine while cleaning your yard. The harness also prevents any falls over cords or slippery areas thereby keeping your body parts intact.
It provides various useful features for extended usage, including an integrated two-in-one anti-vibration system, metal tube supports, and shoulder straps with soft padding. The tool kit bag included in this leaf blower helps you carry all its accessories conveniently. We did not find anything wrong with this product; however, some customers complained about it being too expensive but then again nothing comes cheap when you purchase high-quality power tools!
- Very high airspeed and CFM (912 and 239 respectively)
- Uses four-stroke engine which is very reliable and efficient for heavy jobs; it provides ample power without creating too much noise.
- Simple to start with the EasyStart system. Safety harness prevents any falls or body damage due to contact with sharp objects.
- The unit is quite heavy (25.8 lbs) due to its powerful engine; wearing it as a backpack is not easy for beginners
- Quite expensive compared to other units in the market
- Troubleshooting guide available in the leaf blower manual that comes with the package
Husqvarna 360BT Backpack Blower
The Husqvarna 360BT is the best backpack blower for cleaning up medium-sized and large-sized properties. It has a 2-stroke gas-powered engine that offers enhances fuel economy.
With 232 MPH speed and 631 CFM, you would be blowing leaves and debris conveniently. You can comfortably control the blower pressure thanks to the offset handle that prevents arm fatigue and tiredness from extended use.
The ergonomic shoulder straps and waist strap with adjustability allow the operator to smoothly wear the backpack and fasten it according to his comfort.
Why we like it:
This lightweight backpack blower is an excellent choice if you are looking for a reliable unit that does not urge to put pressure on your wallet. The front handle could be rotated from side to side easily making it easier to use. Its high-strength plastic impeller is durable in nature and resists weather elements. It could clean a maximum area of 3000 Sq yards in a single tank fill, thereby saving lots of time and fuel. This makes it the best backpack leaf blower for big landscaping projects!
- Lightweight (9 lbs) and well balanced; its ergonomic design gives it an advantage over other units which tend to slip off your back or push against your back during use
- Very affordable price tag
- Easily adjustable waist belt for better control of the leaf blower when in use.
- Maximum airspeed is lower when compared to other models (232 MPH) in this list; could prove to be quite slow while cleaning large properties or yards with lots of debris and leaves.
- The strong, metal fan blades are not durable enough, according to some customers who complained about them bending out of shape after extended usage. This can result in an unpleasant experience if you are looking forward to blowing off leaves in your lawn for many years!
- It's not easy to assemble the parts together; others said that they had an issue with the shoulder straps breaking apart.
But again, there were more positive reviews than negative ones so we think the Husqvarna 360BT is an excellent backpack leaf blower.
Makita EB7660TH Backpack Blower
The Makita EB7660TH is comparably lightweight to other models available in the market. This leaf blower is powered by gas, providing a speed of 205 MPH and 706 CFM.
Its four-stroke engine allows it to run without mixing gas and oil, while it also operates quietly than conventional leaf blowers. This best backpack blower weighs 24.1-pound which isn’t very heavy to carry. You can comfortably wear it for prolonged periods and clean all the leaves, dirt, and debris off your yard with ease. An ergonomic handle of the blower allows you to hold it comfortably and rotate it sideways for more convenient access.
- Lightweight (24.1 lbs) and well balanced; its ergonomic design gives it an advantage over other units which tend to slip off your back or push against your back during use
- Offers plenty of power for cleaning smaller yards, patios, decks etc. in less time! It cleans up grass clippings quickly with ease thanks to its airflow speed of 706 CFM produced by powerful fan blades made from metal. This unit is quite affordable compared to other models on this list
- More expensive than some brands listed in this guide- but then again, if you are looking for the best backpack leaf blower, you would be willing to pay extra for quality!
- Heavy-duty work is not recommended with this model as it does not provide enough airspeed or blowing power. You can use this unit for small chores around your residential property clean up leaves and debris, but make sure to take breaks in between due to the high/low-speed switch that cannot be operated while wearing it on your back. A lot of customers were also not satisfied with its overall build quality; some said that the casing was made from thin plastic which didn't last for more than a few months of usage!
Greenworks Pro 80V Cordless Backpack Leaf Blower
The Greenworks Pro 80V is perfect for cleaning smaller properties. It provides powerful airspeed of 145MPH and 580 CFM. This backpack is super lightweight, powered by a rechargeable battery of 80V Li-ion, weighing 14.64 lbs.
The brushless motor operates quietly and forcibly, competing with the gas blowers while offering a runtime of 1.5 hours at a lower setting. With the variable speed settings, you can control the power outcome and prevent getting fatigued by using the “Cruise Control Mode.”
You can enjoy a comfortable cleaning experience utilizing the remarkable performance of this leaf blower. Finishing up the work quickly and conveniently, you can complete your job right on time with this best backpack blower.
Additionally, the adjustable speed trigger contributes towards increased comfort for users while cleaning areas of varying sizes and shapes. There is a cord retention hook to prevent tangles and bring convenience to the user as well!
- Super lightweight (14.64 lbs.)- perfect for those who have to use this model for extended periods
- Having a runtime of 1.5 hours at lower speeds means that this leaf blower provides power as well as sustainable usage times unlike many other models
- A reliable brand that has been innovating since its establishment in 1994; customers are satisfied with Greenworks' customer service policies
- Fairly expensive compared to other options on this list
- If you are looking for a backpack leaf blower for heavy-duty work, then perhaps consider another model as mentioned above- if you need a leaf blower that can be carried around easily and used with one hand, the Greenworks 80V is perfect!
This backpack leaf blower is a great choice for people who need a powerful cordless unit. However, do keep in mind that you cannot use this model for commercial work or large projects as the battery will drain very quickly!
You must consider certain things like your yard size, leaf blowers’ power source, its runtime, cycles of engine, airspeed and volume, weight, ergonomics, and how much noise it produces. This will ensure the success of your search mission of finding the best backpack blower. Researching on these aspects would enlighten you and give you a better knowledge about the product.
We picked our top three backpack leaf blowers, keeping these details in mind. Hopefully, you can find a suitable backpack leaf blower from this list for cleaning.